Corn on the grill. The quintessential summer staple ready for the flames of an outdoor BBQ. My husband is 50% Mexican, so I am always inspired by his heritage. I’ve always grilled corn, husk on but finishing it with some extras like cheese and lime are just the kick it needs. Here are the deets:
Mexican Style Street Corn
- 4-5 ears of corn. Peel the outer layer back in the store slightly to make sure they are yellow and fresh
- 3 tablespoon good mayo (I use trader joe)
- juice of 2 limes
- 1tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 cup cojita cheese shredded
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- Peel back the husks of the corn until they reach the bottom.
- Clean the corn, remove the fibers and soak the husks in a bowl of water for 30min prior to grilling (so they don’t light on fire on the grill). You can also remove the husks if you don’t want to deal with this step
- Set grill on high heat
- Brush corn with butter and place on grill, until charred/browned
- Remove from grill and while warm, brush with mayo. Sprinkle with cojita cheese, then paprika an finish with lime juice.