All of my favorite foods are just around the corner with the start of the garden!
As you saw in my recent post, we planted quite a bit of herbs and greens. I am super excited to see the little guys coming up through the ground, soon to take over the garden!
My upcoming recipes will be focusing on one veggie at a time, in order to maximize the beauty of each ingredient.
This week, it’s all about kale. There are many different varieties of kale, but my favorite is organic red. It is not tough like other kale, but leafy and goes well in a lot of salads. The possibilities are endless for easy salads, but one that I have been eating a lot recently includes fennel and cherries with a simple dressing. It’s salty, sweet, light and delicious.
Red Kale Salad with Fennel & Cherries
- 1 large bundle red organic kale
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup of fresh bing cherries, cored & sliced in half
- juice of 1 lemon
- olive oil
- shelled pistachios
- salt and pepper
- Rip leaves away from stem on the kale. Discard the stems and place into large bowl.
- Drizzle kale olive oil and add lemon juice. Massage kale 5 for minutes until soft.
- Slice the fennel thin and discard the core pieces. Add to bowl. Top with pistachios and cherries.
- Salt and pepper, toss the salad and serve.